Being a good real estate agent requires more than obtaining a license. It involves commitment, honesty and hard work capacity. Among the features needed to develop the profession, a good real estate agent should know :
They are focused on customer service.
- This is a work with the public, which likes to talk to people and feel satisfied seeing their customers to achieve their goal.
- Requires frequent telephone conversations, have the ability to answer calls or answer emails on time, and be patient.
- Buying a home is a big financial decision that most customers think carefully. Very rarely it has done on impulse, as is the case with other items purchased.
Have sales ability.
- Is key in this profession know how to sell? Even if you devote only serve buyers and not sellers, your ability to sell your services can make the difference between success and failure.
- Being persuasive is one of the characteristics that must develop and have the ability to close the transaction, i.e. agreements.
- You must ensure that your client understands that you are the best choice for him and to trust that you are trained to help you achieve your goal professional, whether to buy, sell or rent.
- This is different to close the sale of a house, which is the final part of the process and not depend solely on you.
- Most real estate transactions are not achieved in one month, and less in this market where there are so many foreclosures and short sales.
- It is important to keep your customer motivated, but also you’re happy too, so do not neglect the process.
- You have to be willing to sometimes take months before you achieve results with some customers.
Being organized and good planner
- Most are their own bosses should therefore be able to work with minimal supervision.
- They should have a particular area of work, and a good filing system to handle all documentation of their cases.
- They have to keep your schedule organized and know they have to fulfill their agendas without excuses. They do not have a boss who scold, but look bad with the customer will bring bad recommendations.
- They must learn to be punctual when no one is watching. They are able to organize your personal life with the same rigor as if they had a fixed schedule. Make arrangements for child care, pick them up at school and meet medical appointments without affecting customer commitments.
- Recognize the advantages of having a flexible schedule, but somehow they have to work many weekends, holidays and evenings. To maintain control over this, not overwhelmed and not affect your other responsibilities, it is important to set rules.
Being technology and be informed
- This profession requires knowledge of the internet, greatly tool that facilitates and expedites customer service.
- This career field is changing with new regulations and requirements every day. We must be aware of the news and how it affects customers.
- They must continue taking courses to become better informed and provide better service. In addition part of the requirements to keep the license is to take continuing education courses.
Be honest and recognize limitations
- Customer funds with the rigor required by law must operate.
- They recognize their professional limitations and not try to impersonate bankers, engineers, appraisers and inspectors. They know that each is the expert in your area.